Learn More About Country Code TLD Domain
What is a Domain Name and What is a ccTLD Domain?
A domain name is your unique internet identity that is used by the public to locate and communicated with you. It is formed by the rules and procedures of the Domain Name System (DNS) and your domain name will be registered in the global DNS accessible all around the world.
A country code top-level-domain (ccTLD) is an internet top-level domain generally used or reserved for a specific country. A country's ccTLD is differentiate by its domain extension, for example Malaysia's ccTLD will end with .my where as the United Kingdom's ccTLD will end with .uk.
Malaysia .MY ccTLD Domain Name
Domain names that ends with .MY is uniquely recognized as a Malaysia identity domain name.
Mynic is an agency under Ministry of Communications and Multimedia Malaysia (KKMM) is the sole administrator for web addresses that end with .my in Malaysia.
Yeahhost is an authorized Mynic reseller with the reseller code R047, is authorized to register and sell .com.my domain, .net.my domain, .org.my domain, .gov.my domain, .name.my domain, .mil.my domain and .my domain names.
Requirement Supporting Documents
A photocopy of supporting documents related to your Organization or individual are required to be send to Yeahhost Sdn Bhd by fax or by email before the domain is being submit for registration and approval. Below is the list of required supporting documents to register your .MY domain name.
- Photocopy of active SSM registration Form D for Peninsular Malaysia (exclude Sabah and Sarawak).
- Photocopy of your business registration form if company registered in Sabah or Sarawak.
- Applicable for .com.my, .org.my, .net.my and .my
Organization / Goverment
- Any supporting document indicating your Organization is registered in related sector (EG. law firm, accounting firm, governmentletter and etc).
- Applicable for .com.my, .org.my, .net.my, gov.my (governmentOrganization only) and .my
- Photocopy of Identification Card (IC) or Passport.
- Applicable for .name.my and .my
- Any supporting document indicating your Organization is related to education sector.
- For governmentschools, an official school Letter stating the request to register the domain name with letterhead, chop and signature.
- Applicable only for .edu.my
Domain Transfer Requirements
You can transfer your .MY domain name to Yeahhost for renewal by changing your domain's invoicing party to the following code before its expiry date.
's website and click onto the LOGIN button on the top to login to your domain manager site to change your domain's invoicing party.
Yeahhost Sdn Bhd (R047)
.MY Domain Life Cycle
A .MY domain has to be renewed within 30 days after its expiration date, it can still be renewed when the .MY domain enters its pending "deletion" phase of 14 days. If still not renew after the "deletion' phase, the domain will be deleted and open to the public for registration. The life cycle of a .MY domain is illustrated below: